The Village of Palatine Bridge is located in the Town of Palatine in Montgomery County. The Village was incorporated in 1867 and named, in part, for the Palatine Germans that settled the area as well as the bridge built in 1878 which was the first to span the Mohawk River west of Schenectady.
As of the 2020 Census, the Village population is estimated to be 732. Though gone now, many historic homes ones lined Route 5 including the home of Webster Wagner, an inventor, railroad magnate and NYS Senator. The Village is a member of the local chamber of commerce and is part of the Canajoharie Central School District.